Innocent or Guilty
Common ExpectationsHost Responsibilities:
- Schedule and coordinate a common meeting place and time to play
- Notify all players in a timely fashion of any changes in the schedule or meeting place
- Use a common notification system, in our case E-mail, for general announcements and scheduling, and a Phone call for any last minute changes (Examples of GM cancellations – emergencies, called into work last minute, not enough players going to be present). Any change in schedule less than three days from the next game automatically receives both a phone call along with an email
- Courtesy reminder approximately one week in advance of the next scheduled game
- Access to an up to date calendar for the future planned games (Every four weeks isn’t that hard to plan for, but I do have a calendar if required).
- Give the GM/Host a common and reliable method of reaching them for communicating changes in schedule, and/or updating the GM/Host if this medium changes. Email and a working phone number are a requirement to be part of the group.
- Notifying the GM/Host in a timely manner, or ASAP if last minute, of any changes in their schedule or planned absences that will affect a game.
- Replying to emails or “missed” phone calls as a courtesy of receipt in a timely manner (timely means within a few days, though earlier is more acceptable).
- Three consecutive missed games without any communication from the player. (Very lenient considering that is 3 months total).
- Failure to respond to emails or phone calls within two weeks. Two weeks to return any messages is long enough for most vacations.
- Notifying me of their inability or lack of interest to play in a consistent manner. e.g. new work schedule, moving away, no longer interested in gaming, etc.
For the last entry, if they have a flexible enough schedule, I will put them on an alternate player list, thereby allowing them a chance to fill in another players’ shoes if that player is going to be absent. That is only if they are willing. Otherwise they will be removed from the group.